WD TV Live won't play playlists

Swisskiwi wrote:

@BeeoH:

Forget about playlists working on the “Live”! I spent hours and hours to get it working - without any success.

The problem is that the Live can’t handle playlist structures over more then 1 (in words: ONE) folder level - something the original WD TV(Gen 1) was able to do without any problems.

I read in another forum that WD is not willing to address that issue on the Live - as it is like that “by design”.

I now bought a Mede8er and have dumped my Live. I will never ever go for a WD Media Player again - that’s for sure…

I have created playlists with a folder level of 9. Thats a folder labelled 1 with a folder labelled 2 inside that and then a folder labelled 3 inside that and so on down to 9. I then added my mp3’s to the 9th level and created a playlist - both m3u and pls. These playlists were saved in a folder called ‘playlists’ on my WDTV attached hard drive and were immediately picked up on the the ‘playlist’ menu. All the playlists played on the WDTV both from the media library and via the folders. I then attached the hard drive to my computer and also managed to play the playlists with winamp.

As I said before forget Windows Media Player and get Playlist Creator (its free and designed for the job). Go to ‘settings’ - ‘playlist details’ and change ‘saving playlist entries’ to ‘relative (e.g. “…\MyMusic\MySong.mp3”)’. Type a name for the playlist and save in either m3u or pls format on the hard disc that contains the music files for the playlist. Thats all there is too it.

Download Playlist Creator from the link below. (ensure that you go to the bottom of the screen and download the setup file in the green box - there are other download links on the page for other programs)

http://www.oddgravity.de/app-opc.php

I am not saying that you cannot make playlists from Windows Media Player but as you have all found its not that simple, unlike this program.

1 Like