WD TV Live won't play playlists

jayhawker wrote:

I set up playlists in Windows Media Player 11 thinking they would play. I get the message that says “no data found in the file”. Level 2 said it is a “path” problem and that the player itself is working ok. I am not a pc guru. But there has to be some way to make this happen. I  have seen other posts that say their player plays playlist without a problem. I need some help with this because WD can’t help.

WMP 11 playlists work perfectly well with the HDTV Live, providing you follow a few basic rules:

1. The native WMP 11 playlist format for MP3s will not work, however, WMP 11 does allow you to save playlists in other formats.  M3U is the one you need for HDTV Live.

2. M3U playlists are held in relative path format, so you need to ensure that the folder structure on the HDTV Live closely resembles that of your source machine, in particular the relative positioning between the playlist folder and the album folders.  I would recommend having your playlist folder at the same folder level as your artist folders, mine is called $Playlists$ to ensure that it is first in the list of artists.

3. You can also create playlists for photos using the WPL format.  Again, using the same relative folder trick, the HDTV Live will play them - although only through the media server interface.