WD TV Live - will not turn on

This unit was purchased a couple of years ago and has worked fine until the other day when it just would not turn on.

When I connect the power adaptor the “power on” light illuminates and the 2 LED’s on the network socket also flash.

However, when I press the power button on the remote control nothing happens - I changed the batteries for good ones.

I have tried pressing the reset button for 10 seconds as mentioned in the user manual. 

Can anyone suggest anything else I have not tried yet.

How are you connecting the player to the TV?
If you are using HDMI try connecting via the supplied composite lead.
If the power on lights then the player is on.
For information the 10 sec reset button press is for changing the TV standard and nothing else.

Tried it with the composite lead but no luck. Even tried another HD cable just in case. Tomorrow I will

try another composite lead and on another TV.

Also - the power light is on like I said - but even if I plug in a USB key - the other light does not

illuminate.

You have to use the supplied composite AV lead as its not a standard wiring.

My father has been trying to find the composite lead without success. I have a couple of cables from other manufacturers but as you say they are different.

Are you able to give me the wiring details so that I can make my own lead. It would be a lot cheaper than buying a new until just to get the cable.

See the FAQ below. Section H. Yellow is video and red / white audio.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-General-Discussions/WDTV-FAQ/td-p/32135

Thanks. Yes - my other cables are all different. I found a cable on Ebay.

Let’s just hope it works. No reason why it shouldn’t.

Screenman wrote:

Thanks. Yes - my other cables are all different. I found a cable on Ebay.

Let’s just hope it works. No reason why it shouldn’t.

Well, there’s actually dozens of reasons, as that’s the number of different combinations those cables can be wired. :wink:

Absolutely. What I meant was that if the cable is wired correctly then it should work. It is being sold as for

the WD live player so it is supposed to be correct. I can check the pin outs when it arrives now that I know

the details. Just do not want to cut up my other cables to make it work.