WD TV Live + Windows 7 2nd internal hard drive issue

Hello WD Community,

I have bought the latest version of WD TV Live for Christmas, in the goal to read my movies & series stored on my 2nd hard drive of my PC with the WD TV Live connected to my TV

My PC configuration is :

• Windows 7 Professionnel 64bits

• 1st internal hard drive for system files: C: 

• 2nd internal hard drive for media storage: D:

• Connected to my box by Ethernet

My WD TV Live is of course connected to my TV with HDMI cable, and also connected to my box by Ethernet, and sees correctly my PC.

When I go on Videos, Network Share, Windows share, it sees my PC on which I can connect. But when I am on it with the WD TV Live interface, I can only see a folder named “Users”, then under it “Default” and “hedev”. These two folders are under my C: hard drive, so the WD TV Live is actually connecting on my C: hard drive.

I would like it to go directly to my D: hard drive, which is also internal to my PC.

Do you have already faced this issue, or do you have a solution to help the WD TV Live find my documents on my second harddrive? 
Of course I can’t transfer my files from D to C hard drive has the C is approximatively 60Gb and my D hard drive is 1TO, and mainly used for storage purpose.

Thank you for your answers, if more details are needed don’t hesitate.

Dju

dju87 wrote:

Hello WD Community,

I have bought the latest version of WD TV Live for Christmas…

Thank you for your answers, if more details are needed don’t hesitate.

Dju

If you truly have the “latest version”, then you are posting in the wrong forum, as this is for the Gen1 player. The latest is the Gen 3 Live Streaming Media Player. Check the below picture to determine which one you have.

If it is the newer Gen 3 you have, you are more likely to get help and suggestions if you post your question on the correct board. Likely people who own the newer unit will not be reading this one.

Here is the WD Live Streaming Media Player Board

-Good Luck

Thank you pearl for your answer, you are right I was in the wrong section, owning WD Live Gen3. Apologize for that, I’ll post in the correct section then.

Thank you!