WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player is not detecting *ONE* hard-drive partition suddenly

I’ve had a  WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player (WDBABX0000NBK-NESN) since 2010. I also have a Seagate Expansion 1TB hard drive (ST910004EXA101-RK) with 4 partitions on it. I have been using the harddrive with my WD TV Live Plus HD without issues since then.

Couple of days ago I found that the player does not detect *ONE* partition (out of the 4) when I connect it to the player. Incidentally the missing partition is the one I’ve used the most in the past (as recently as a month or so ago). In case you are wondering, I always wait until the blinking USB icon has stopped blinking and once that happens, the other 3 partitions can be accessed without any delays.

Now all 4 partitions are detected by my Windows 7 PC . But I have been getting popups asking me to check the harddrive for errors. I have always gotten these, but in light of what was happenin now, I decided to check the harddrive partitions for errors. No errors were detected. And even after this check, that *one* missing partition stays missing on the media player.

I havent updated the firmware in a long time (device is not connected to the Internet) and the device was working fine well after the last firmware update. So I dont think that is an issue. In any case, the current firmware version on the device is 1.06.42_B. 

And based on what I read here in the forums and in the rest of the interwebs, I tried the following “remedies”.

1. Restore the player’s settings to the factory defaults

2. Delete the .wd_tv folder on the partition that is not being detected and reconnect to the player.

None of these have solved my issue. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Anyone else having similar issues?  

Hello,

Make sure that the partition that you are missing is properly share on the network.

Also try resetting the whole network. including the router and all the devices.

Help4All wrote:

Hello,

Make sure that the partition that you are missing is properly share on the network.

Also try resetting the whole network. including the router and all the devices.

Hi Help4All,

The issue happens when I connect the harddrive directly via USB. And the device is connected to my TV via HDMI.