WD TV Live Plus Blue Screen Of death Windows 7 if I access USB drives connected to unit

I am updated on device firmwate version 1.06.42_B
ser # [deleted]

I have 2 USB 3.0 hard drives connected to the device that I can stream from fine. One is a Toshiba Canvio desk I tB external powered drive and the other is a 750GB usb powered Toshiba drive.

IF i simply copy a large file to one of the drives most of the time things are fine. If, however when I am copying a file to either of the drives, If I do anything else on the computer…read files…open files…surf the web…virtually anything …the computer will crash and give me the blue screen of death and says things like it is saving windows…and/or I have connected hardware that has caused a problem which I have not,I have had these drives for 6-9 months at least.,just never got around to checking on this problem…So…simply…If I just sit and do nothing when I am accessing these usb drives most of the time my system will not crash…But If I do anything else while I am copying…the system crashes…The drives work fine if I connect them directly to my alptop, or any other computer…

I am using an MSI laptop…Windows 7 ultimate…64 bit…4GB ram --Intel core 2 extreme CPU @ 2.26g

It;s not your Live Plus that is the problem, you have a problem with your Win 7 PC that is causing the BSOD.  I have basically same setup you describe and no problem.

That said, a few months ago I received the BSOD more than once within a week for no apparent reason.  I googled BSOD, and found some useful tips.  One was to update Win 7.  Although I do so often, it was needed again so I updated.  Problem was gone!  (Until the next time Win7 update adds another glitch.)

The similar problem as yours: I also got blue screen of death on my Sony VAIO Windows 7 pc.

To fix it, I got a good English article on  blue screen of death to help me fix problem efficiently. The Windows Boot Genius it recommended worked smoothly on my pc to login pc again without data loss!