Occasional Visitor
Stealthpancho

Re: WD TV Live Compatibility? (3TB HD)

I have the latest fw (As of 10/05/12)on my WD TV Live, and a WD 3tb Essentials and at first it was fine! but now that i got it close to 2.5tb its messing up! It will crash(Screen Freeze) and the hard drive will shut down! I have to unplug each to get it going again! If it's a sd tv show its fine, but hd movies is where it goes crazy! I have a 2tb Elements that i tranfered some of the movies that are giving me problems and they work fine! Ive ran both threw my win7 pc, and done that fix directory **bleep**. I hope it helps. Havent checked it out yet. Has anyone have this prob? I'm transferring stuff to the Elements and plan to format the Essentials. I didn't do that when I got it. That's my last resort. Any advice people?

Occasional Visitor
b_josh

I am using 2x - 3 TB seagate goflex drives and one 2TB goflex. The nice thing about the goflex's is you can unplug and plug in a new hard drive using the same base.  This configuration has worked for me for atleast 6 months.

Occasional Visitor
zebby

It will not recgonise my samsung hard drive at all but my tv  and dvd player do.

Occasional Advisor
nexcompac

I have a new WD TV with the latest firmware and a WD 3 TB drive and it works no problem.

Occasional Advisor
kazanunda

[ Edited ]

I have a WD TV Live with the latest firmware and a Hitachi 4 TB drive and they don't work together.. FOUND THE SOLUTION.

Visitor
Redleeche

[ Edited ]

I got WDTVLIVE (with  up to date official firmware) since many months, working fine with disks of 1 to 2 TB (all WD). Then I bought a 3 TB My Book Essential and it worked OK for a couple of weeks. Then it started to stop playing movies after a few minutes (blocked on an image and after a few minutes, full crash of the WDTVLIVE). Note that these files are played OK on a PC, without any glitch.

Since a few days, the 3TB external harddrive is not recognized any more. It blinks a few time when switched on, but the WD TV Live does not recognize it anymore. I have removed the .wd_tv folder at the root, reset the device to factory settings, but still nothing. My other drives of 1 to 2 TB are still playing fine.

So according to my experience, My Book Essential 3 TB does not work with WD TV Live.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD