WD TV Live - An unfinished product of poor quality - My review and explanations inside!

Whilst the unit works for you it doesn’t mean it works for everybody.  I never said the unit doesn’t work, the quality is bloody poor.  A unit that claims to process HD video and can’t play any format with half decent quality irks me…when my toshiba SD3990 costing half the price plays my xvid/divx AVi and MPEGs at amazing quality.

Don’t talk to me about spelling that is rubbish - and besides the point here - video quality is very bad, I’m not just talking about the background image used, but the processing of your video especially AVI and MPEG files.

Why the bloody hell do quicktime movies play in better quality, at same res…  they play fine yet they don’t support all audio formats, what a rubbish this piece of equipment is poorly tested poor support.

The Live has over 94MB of free space, plenty of space to add more feature and completly redesign thie firmware…

WD is a second ADS !  They will liekly leave us all hanging and stop supporting the unit and no longer offer ANY upgrade, like ADS abandoned their ADS Instaant DVD and left everyone in the dark.

Time for a little reality check mate.