WD TV Live - An unfinished product of poor quality - My review and explanations inside!

Yes, the support ■■■■■.

The documentation is almost nonexistant.

Didn’t you research the file format issues before purchase?  I would have thought that most people would have done some research and seen if it would play the formats they wanted and accepted that it doesn’t play everything.  It’s far cheaper than any other media player out there.  There is a cost versus benefit thing, you know?

I can’t speak for everyone else, but why are you using this like it’s portable? How often do you move it around?  I HAVE made a virtually permanent connection like you suggested because I’m using it between my home theatre system and my PC.  ie. once set up, I don’t have to move it.  How many people would be moving it frequently enough to damage the connections?  And if it’s moved that often you’re going to damage the connections on any piece of AV equipment.

Frankly I think you should return it because it’s clearly not suitable for your purposes.  Perhaps you could send it to me instead?  Since you hate it I could find a home for it.