WD TV LIVE mp4 sound problem via optical

I try to google this problem for days and the only solution is to convert the files, or put the box into stereo, but it sounds very bad in stereo. I have firmwara 1.06.15 I can see no new firmware has been release in half year now, only for the plus model. so I am confused now, if this box is really useless now? or can I use a wd tv live plus firmware??

I just want to get rid of this problem, otherwise I need to trash this box and buy another one, that really works.

I hope someone have solution for it.

Both the WD Live and the Live Plus are not the current models. Both the Live and Live Plus have not had firmware updates since August, but there is supposed to be at least one more firmware upgrade for these models.These models might still be on the shelf at stores, but they are no longer being sold by WD.

The current model is called the WD Live Streaming Media Player (SMP). Since this model is current, it gets regular firmware updates. Judging by the firmware you reported, you have a WD Live. That is even older than the Live Plus. If I were you, I would return the box and get the current model (SMP).

I cant return the box, coz its more than 2 years old, and I have 3 of them.

so I guess the only thing I can do now is to wait for a firmware upgrade.

its very bad from WD not to solve those things here.