WD TV HD Media Player - delay / freezing between files (pics, music, ...)

Hello community,

I own my WD TV HD Media Player gen.2 (I know, not a “live” one, but couldn’t find any "not ‘live’ " section) for more than 2 years now, and it has been working normally without any problem until last month.

Since a few weeks now, there is a delay between each file read , be it picture, music or video.

For example, when playing music from a list or a directory, it used to start the next song just after the former one (with a maximum delay of 1 or 2 seconds between both), and now, with the same lists / directories, it seems to freeze for about 1 minute (or more) before starting the next song.

Same for pictures or videos.

During that “delay”, display is “frozen”, whatever button I try to click on the remote control (clicks seem to be taken into account, though, as I get the actions on my TV screen once the display “unfreezes”).

Nothing has changed between “before and after”, the hard disk is a 1Tb LaCie drive with about 250 Gb used so far (no hard disk reading problem when connected to a computer), mostly MP3 music and JPG pictures ; I never activated the “library” option, as I never took the time for it to be initialized (well … seemed to last for ages when I first started it, so I de-activated it).

I have updated the software version (from 1.01.70 to 1.01.77), but nothing has changed : the +/- 1 minute delay is still there whatever I do.

I don’t  understand, I haven’t found any topic describing this problem around here, and don’t know what to do to make it work as well as it did before.

Any idea, anyone ? Thanks for any tip…

Hello,

Have you tried performing a hard reset on the unit?

Check the link below for additional information.

How to reset a WD TV or WD Elements Play

Hi

I have trouble with my WD Elements Play Media player freezing when trying to swicth off or after i stop a movie and then try to turn off. Also sometimes it will not turn on, I have changed batteries in the remote and the only way to fix is to unplug and start again. If i want to update Firmware how do I know if it is Gen 1 or 2 please.

My WD TV live literally hours if not days to try and compile it’s media library each time you turn it on, though it usually freezes up whilst doing this or totally crashes, has problems playing back various files, sound issues, just to name a few, frankly it’s the most problematic device I have ever owned.