WD Live issue - Freezing when playing from WD Hard Drive - Please help!

Hi there,

I have an old WD HD player, along with a WD 2TB mybook hard drive. I have had these for a couple of year and have never had a problem with any of the products. Everything has worked great.

Since I have had such a great experience with the products I decided to get my parents a new WD Live player and a 2TB mybook hard drive for Christmas so I can provide them with movies, TV shows, etc. I purchased both items and loaded up the hard drive with most of the content on mine and then hooked it up to their TV. Everything was seemingly working OK, but after watching content off the hard drive for about 30-40 minutes it freezes. When I try to restart it the WD Live says the storage has been disconnected and I should find another source. If I reset everything (unplugging and plugging back in both player and hard drive) it starts again, but then freezes after about 20-30 minutes again. The screen does not freeze on a particular time while watching the file, so I do not think the actual file or files are corrupt (also, I have watched these files many times on my player and hard drive and have NEVER had a problem).

I thought it might be a problem with actual hard drive so I did a little searching around this forum and others and I ran checks on the disk to see if everything was OK. All came back fine. I also pluged the hard drive directly into the power in the wall as I read that sometimes usuing a power surge protector can not power the disk spinning quickly enough and a problem can happen. After all of this it happened once again so I decided to return the hard drive and get another one. I loaded up a few files on the new hard drive to play and sure enough, it happened again - the screen froze and it lost the source.

This is obviously very frustrating and I have no idea what to do. I basically want to give them my old WD hard drive and player that works perfectly, but I still then have to fix the solution with this one. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be happeneing??? I seemed to have tried everything. Any questions or help you may have would be greatly appreciated!

KC

I have read in other posts on the WDTV forums that WDTV Live doesn’t like the pre-formatting that some WD drives are shipped with. Try reformatting the drive on your PC and see if that helps. I have 4 WD elements hard drives both 2.5" and 3.5" and have never had a problem with them, after formatting them all first.

Barry