WD Live corrupts WD storage

I have a WD 1 TB mybook harddrive with movies on it.  When I connect it to the USB on my WD Live Media player it takes a long time to recognize data. Initially it says no local sorage.  The movies eventually appear as files and play fine.  When I hook  my hard drive back up to my computer it is not recognized and the format is corrupted.   I have to repair it in disc utility before I can see it on my computer.  I have not found anything so far to explain why the WD Live corrupts the WD harddrive.  I am using a Mac with Lion.  Any clues would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I figured out my problem.  WD harddrive was formated with case sensitive format.  WD Live does not like that.   I reformated drive to only be journaled (without case sensitive) and disc is recognized right away and no problem with computer.

Capt1124 wrote:

I figured out my problem.  WD harddrive was formated with case sensitive format.  WD Live does not like that.   I reformated drive to only be journaled (without case sensitive) and disc is recognized right away and no problem with computer.

Huh?  I’ve never heard of “Case sensitive” format.  What’s that?

And BTW, the WDTV does *NOT* support HFS+J.  You need to turn journaling off.

As explained in the manual and also the GUI.

I just got educated on Case Sensitve format – That’s really odd stuff!  :)