WD Live TV wont recognise VOB Movies Folders

G’day,

Ive tried every method to share my VOB movie(folders and) files as described in the manual, but it doesnt appear on the WD Live TV browser. All my other movies files (avi, mpg, mp4, mkv) do. I’ve just updated the firmware to the latest update and still I cant access these VOD movie folders as they contain the backup of my old DVD collection. Ive reset it a few times and checked the homegroup and sharing properties for the movies files on my PC.

Does anyone have any solutions?

Thank you

Laimo

You’re accessing your PC via Network Shares, right?  Not “Media Servers”?

VOBs and IFOs need to be inside a VIDEO_TS folder or better yet inside an ISO. But what about VOD? Are those regular DVDs or some kind of DRMed stuff?

Only VOB files, sorry typo. Movies are in title folders with with Audio and Video folders for each movie

When I try to connect with windows shares I can see the pc and when I try to connect it says, unable to connect to the selected source. Please make sure the selected source is active and available for sharing. But if I connect with media server then I cant see the Vob files or folders which is my issue

laimo wrote:

… if I connect with media server then I cant see the Vob files or folders which is my issue

Few media servers support VOB files.  And if they do, they’re treated as individual files, not as a “DVD.”   It’s not possible to watch a DVD (in actual DVD menu navigation modes) using DLNA.