Video files will not play

I have an older WD TV Live (WDBAAN0000NBK) connected via ethernet.  I have upgraded the firmware to the latest veresion.  I am using PS3 Media Server as I’m still running XP.  I can see all the video folders & files; however, when I select one to play nothing happens.  Message on screen indicates to hit the right facing button to play.  I’ve tried a variety of buttons on the hand held controller and nothing seems to get the file to play.  With a USB drive, the first sequential file will play, but, I encounter the same issue when I try to select another file.  Any suggestions on what might be amiss?

Thanks

Hello,

Does this happens with all the files?

When trying to view files over network answer is yes.  They simply will not play.  Same files will play (most of the time) when it is the 1st file reflected on the USB drive.  I can not select subsequent files.  I have a later version of the WD TV Live and it works.  I understand some avi files won’t work and I’ve been able to convert them to something which will work.  This problem is associated with the older model only.