USB thumb drive does not work

I have a  Lexar usb thumb drive 8 gb with fat32 format. 

It works fine on my computer , but WD Live plus does not seem to recognize it, with no error message.

My firmware is upto date upto the last but one upgrade ,new firmware was posted today but since ppl are complaining i did not upgrade. 

I have a 500 gb external usb hard drive and that device seems to work fine if  i connect to WD.

Can someone explain what is going on and how i can fix it.

Do you have this problem at both the USB ports? Are you using a USB extension cable?

I have this issue sometimes when I connect through a USB extension cable. It is weird but true. I guess there can be some kind of power leakage through the cable and the drive is not recognized.

Yes tried “directly” connecting thumb drive to both the usb ports with no awail.

I guess WD [delete] cant even put it in their FAQ what to look for when getting a USB stick.

I bought this one specifically for the WD…

And which FAQ would you be referring to?

Ok finally figured out the problem. 

The usb slot on the device is a bit too tight , hence my new usb stick was not going in all the way. i had tried in the front and the back usb slots to no avail.

I tried a older usb drive and it was working fine.

On a repeat attempt with a bit of brute force , the usb stick started working on the wd.

It sounds dumb , but yeah the slot or the usb stick was so hard that i felt i had reached the max point of insertion.

Hopefully this helps others.