USB HDD is no longer recognized by WD TV Live unit

I have a 3tb WD drive I use for videos. I had about 1.5 tb of video. It worked fine. I add about 700 GB of movies and now it will not recognize my drive. The drive and videos work great on the PC. I have 2 other drives. one works the other does not. I have used drive utilities and the drives look and work fine on the PC. The files work as well. Any help would be appreciated.

EF

So the USB light never starts flashing?

How did you add the 700MB? Did you disconnect the drive and connect to a PC for the transfer? If so did you “eject” the drive from within the WDTV user interface?  If you didn’t eject the drive then it may be marked “dirty” and may need to be re-attached to your PC and run chkdsk to remark it as clean.

yes it does but it stops and the WD Live indicates no USB attached

I did use the PC to add the files. I do eject the drive before removing.

did you reconnect to PC and run “CHKDSK /F” on the drive?

I did run chkdsk and it shows not issues. Does not fix it. Is it possible that the HDD must be smaller than 2 TB?

Originally whenit failed I had about 2.4 tb of files. I backed up the drive and formated it. Reinstalled about 1.95tb and it works fine?

Since reformatting and installing 1.95 tb of video, I have install another 400 gb  of video and it works fine. Must have been a corrupted drive. The reload must have fixed it and size does not appear to be an issue to at least 3 tb.

Thanks for the comments.

RT