Subtitle/display text during photo slideshow?

We are considering using this device to display photos that were taken by students in our college’s Photography program on a TV at the school. It’s as a way to show off our program as well as give the student’s work a bit of exposure - and so, we would like to attach a student’s name to their work.

We already have a slideshow operating off the TV itself - it’s a Samsung and the built in picture display mode allows for display text, and this is where the student’s name is added.  I’d like to do something similar with the TV Live, if possible.

I realize that pressing OK during the slideshow brings up the player information, and does show filename.jpg - but this isn’t quite what I’m looking for. The progress bar, the black gradient overlay that goes up a third of the TV, and the required file extension make this solution inelegant, and surpassed by the Samsung TV’s existing functionality.

Can I get what I want from this? A simple text overlay during a slideshow that can be set on an individual picture basis? We were also hoping for a slideshow that could do both picture and video, but it seems the TV Live can’t accomodate us in this area.

I don’t know what firmware we have on it right now, but I can assume it’s an older one.

Thanks!

Hello Six_El_Sid,

Currently, that option is not available on our media player.

As a recommendation, you can add this to the ideas board to see if it gets implemented.