Some questions from potential buyer

I would not buy this device with the expectation that it can play from hulu in the future.  I bought the WD TV live about a year ago hoping that streaming netflix would be added. Right before the Plus player was launched it was announced that the live would not be able to stream netflix because it needed an additional chip. I think it was clear that WD knew this player would never support netflix as they were developing the plus model, but they continued to ignore requests in the forums for netflix as a new feature. They could’ve just told us right then that this unit would never get that capability.

So I went to sell my WD TV live on ebay but I found the market is saturated with refurbished units. I also am unable to play most .mkv files at this point, and there is no sign that a firmware update will fix the issue (they seem to be busy working out the netflix bugs in the Plus unit).  After this experience I will not recommend this device, and will probably look to other solutions in the future.