Really Old WD TV Live Player - Help Needed

I’m trying to upgrade my firmware from a really old version.  I DL the new firmware, unzip, and put on the root of a USB drive, but the WD Player doesn’t recognize any firmware update. 

My background is blue and black, not the colorful display in the user manual.  I don’t have any “Firmware Upgrade” option under my settings menu.  Under settings, I can go to Upgrade, but I don’t have a manual option, only internet, which is not set up on my WD Player (I’m trying to upgrade the firmware, so that I can set up the player to connect to my wireless network).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

if the firmware is really old and the file downloaded is much newer

and is not recognized

I recommend to check your serial # and find out what device you have

most likely you have an old device and downloaded firmware for a new different device

firmwares are device model specific

you also might want to actually look at the photo at the top of this forum, and ask yourself

does that photo match the device you have?

The sticker on the side of the players says Western Digital TV Live Player.  It doesn’t look exactly like the one in the picture, but that’s what it is.  It’s just several years old.

Also, it plays DTS audio, so it can’t be the other one.

as expected you don’t have the device you thought you had

you have a WD TV Live

but you’re in a forum for the WD TV Live Streaming or WDTV Live SMP

which happens to the name of this forum, and notice the device actually looks different because it is different

I also expect, that you downloaded firmware not made for your old device

Ughhh… My bad.  I’m pretty darn sure I DL’d the proper firmware update, though.  It’s 1.6.13, which I got from the WD TV Live page.  I’ll copy and paste to the other forum. 

Checked in the other forum and you’re right, as you already knew.  The firmware in the WD TV Live and Live Plus forum has a different firmware number.  I got the 1.6.13 from the WD TV Live page, though.  I guess I should just go to the forums first from here on out.  Thanks for the help!