Problems viewing Facebook photos

Hi I have a WDTV Live with firmware version 1.04.22_V.

I am actually having problems when I try to view the photos that I have in my own Facebook account, every time I try to access to one photo WDTV shows me the message “WDTV can show the selected file, check the compatible files supported” (the original message is in Spanish so I translated it to English)

¿Anyone have the same problem? ¿Any solutions?

I add something that I noticed now: I can´t see my friends photos and I can’t watch  my or my friends videos.

The account logging works OK (for example I see my news feed without problem) but I can´t see any photo or video

¿Anyone with the same problem? ¿any suggestion?

I also cannot view any photos using the Facebook application on my TV Live Hub (newest firmware). The error message is: “Browse error.Content not available.”

thoughts?

I’ve had the WD TV Live for 3 weeks now, and I’ve always had this same problem on Facebook.  I cannot view any pictures (including profile pictures) or videos.  I’ve constantly updated the firmware, but nothing has changed. 

I wonder if this is an issue with older Facebook accounts, like what they had with older YouTube accounts.

I have the same problem! Any solution?

I just tested it with mine.

I can see my photos and videos.

I can see friends photes and videos.

I bounced around for about 3 mins and seem to have no problems although not all my friends had photos and videos to show so i got a content error.

Which firmware version  are you using?

1.05.04_B

I just seen that you have a non plus ver. that might be why I am not seeing the problem.

anyone else with non plus have this problem?

I have the same problem with the Live Plus, latest firmware. Thumbnails are blank and when I click on one I get an error: “Unable to play the selected file.”

What gives?

mmm, I dont see that… I am going to do some more testing and report back.

Hi

I have a WD TV Live Hub Media Centre purchased this week and updated to the latest firmware version. We experience the same issues re facebook photos and videos. Blank screens and error messages.

Jim

I am also unable to view any pictures or video via Facebook.

I have a WD TV Live HD Media Player  Part No WDAAP0000NBK

Just upgrade firmware to Ver 1.06.15_v  (now has games :smiley:)

Could not see any images in Facebook with previous firmware version either. It does not even show them hs thumbnails etc.

I just get this message when I select an image.

Unable to play selected file. Please see User Manual for a list of supported file formats.

Any help or info welcome.

No photos here either.    Used to work.

Profile pics (included mine)  don’t even show up.

Then I noticed this FAQ: 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7578/p/208,299/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxODEzMzU3Ny9zaWQvVVJtanc1R2s%3D

Once I changed my facebook setttings (security) to “disable secure browsing”  photos started showing up on  TV Live.

" Currently, we do not offer support for HTTPS for Facebook. To display a Facebook profile picture, disable HTTPS for Facebook on the Facebook account. You can disable HTTPS by logging into your Facebook account (from a computer) and accessing the account settings section. We are aware of the issue and are looking into offering support for this functionality."

I’m not going to keep secured browsing disable, so this is not good news for facebook users on the TV Live :mansad:

1 Like

I also cannot view any photos using the Facebook application on my TV Live Hub (newest firmware). The error message is: “Browse error.Content not available.”

@WD: it is unnacceptable for you to ask users to disable https from facebook accounts,
you should work to the best of your capabilities to support for HTTPS for Facebook. Otherwise you shall be increasing the number of unsatisfied customers/users, and that is only good for your competitors.
Pse sort this out in the next firmware update. Tnx

MBELOF wrote:

@WD: it is unnacceptable for you to ask users to disable https from facebook accounts,
you should work to the best of your capabilities to support for HTTPS for Facebook. Otherwise you shall be increasing the number of unsatisfied customers/users, and that is only good for your competitors.
Pse sort this out in the next firmware update. Tnx

Note the end sentence from WD:

“We are aware of the issue and are looking into offering support for this functionality.”