Problem with usb connecting

hello

I’m a new user of wd media player and my problem is that my usb hardrive sometimes can connect and sometimes I cant get it connected.

I have tried to put on and off both, media player and hardrive, I have tried to reset the media player because in the beginning it did start it always.

What can I do?

Make sure that you always eject the USB drive before you power off the WD… If the USB Drive is not seen by the WD, unplug the WD Live, wait a 30 seconds or so and plug it back in. If that does not work,  take the USB drive and plug into your PC and see if it can access it. I was having your problem when I was not ejecting the drive correctly… cj

Well you are half right, The usb devise will connect every time when you have disconnected the power cable BUT this cant be the only way to get this working?

Can someone tell me where the list is which usb external harddisks work?

bjorn333 wrote:

Can someone tell me where the list is which usb external harddisks work?

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3805&p_created=1255474998&p_sid=S_wms7Nj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NzEsNzEmcF9wcm9kcz0yMDgsMjk5JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0yLjI5OSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ!!&p_li=&p_topview=1#wireless

Hello

Today it has happen. My harddisk has crashed. I believe its that way I have som problems. I bought a western digital 500gb today and it works fine. So you whi gots problems maybe should take som back up:)