Problem with sound

Hello everyone,

I hope this forum can help me as I haven’t found a solution to my problem nor the technical support of WD. Some months ago I bought a WD TV Live Media Player and from the very beginning I realised there was something wrong with it: in most of videos, clips and movies the sound couldn’t be heard. The funny thing is that there was no pattern as far as the format was concerned. Some times the problem was with avi, some others with MPEG4 etc. However MP3 tracks were playing great. So next day I send a message to the technical support and they asked me some technical questions and also to run a health check tool and send them back the results. After analyzing the results they told me that the media player was defective and that they are going to replace it. So be it. After ten days I received the new one but the situation was even worse as no sound could be heard at all. The technical support asked me to upgrade it to the latest version but nothing really changed. In the mean time I got the information from a forum that it would be a good idea to use an optical cable. Again nothing changed. Finally they send me another one, guess what: the problem was there again.

I am really tired of this and if I cannot get anything out of this fo I don’t intend to get into this troubleshooting process again.I am just going to by another brand player and make a small tower with the three WD media players for decoration :-). BTY the firmware version is 1.06.15_V

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

3 WD TV in a row with the same issue seems very odd, in my opinion something else in your setup may be causing the audio issues.