No digital pass through

Love my WD Live TV, but now I’ve run into my first issue.

Just got my surround speakers set up since I bought it (moved and haven’t bothered until now). I used my PS3 to test out the speakers and everything. Works just fine. I’ve done DTS(-HD as well), Dolby Digital (True HD as well) and everything worked as expected. I used Blu-Ray, DVD, and Netflix.

Went to go try out the WD Live TV and after setting it up (did a manual setting as my PS3 rarely autodetects correctly but still plays fine with manual settings) I tried out several video files, all different containers and different video/audio encodings. None of the DTS or Dolby settings work. The video plays but absolutely no sound. The receiver looks like it’s not getting any sort of audio information, Other videos without DTS or Dolby encoding work but of course are only stereo. If I set the audio settings to stereo I get audio

My connection is straight from the WD Live TV to the receiver. I’ve never used any pass through to my TV.

Any help is appreciated!

In the Video/Audio settings on the WDTV Live select “Digital Output” for Audio

Nevermind. It figures. I post this are start fiddling around only to figure it out in about 10 minutes.

Seems it was a reciever problem. Looked through the settings and found that the signal was being sent to amp and TV. Set it to amp only and that solved the issue. Everything works beautifully.