No Media in the current Folder - but only Music?

I am running Win7 x64 Home Premium serving to a WD Live HD. I have none of the networking issues that have been referred to.   My issue is that only the music being served cannot be sourced from the Server by the WD Live HD unit. I get a “no media found in the current folder” error whenever I try and source music from the server on the WD Live HD. Photos and video are able to be accessed from the server on the WD Live HD. I can also use the “play to” functionality to push the content including music to the WD device.    I can access all media on the server via my network shares, just not through the server.

The library has been loaded into both Windows Media Centre and Windows Media Player as well as the music library at OS level.

I have the latest official firmware loaded on the WD Live HD.

I have reset the WD Live HD to factory settings a number of times and assigned a static IP on my router for good measure.

Any suggestions welcome as I am at the end my tether with this arrangement. I am inclined to install TVersity which I have used perfectly in Vista before I rebuilt the server, but I can’t see why only one of the server functions, music, is not functioning!!

1 Like

The server is on your PC and thats where you should be looking for an answer to your problem. In short your PC server is not serving music files to your WDTV.

I have this EXACT issue – windows 7 64-bit and only music streaming from media server does not work. Other DLNA players (XBOX 360, PS3, etc) can stream music from my PC … just not the WD Live Plus. I do not think this is a PC issue since everything else can stream music media. And WD Live Plus streams pictures and videos just fine … just not music. I can play music using network shares, but that does not seem to support Genre, etc.

Any other ideas? Perhaps WD Live Plus has a bug only with Windows 7 64-bit with music streaming?

If using net shares you can stream music from your PC to the Live it isn’t a Live issue.

Try using net shares and tell us (both of you) whether you are able to play music then.

My issue fits with this exactly.  Windows 7 x64 Home Premium, issue is only with Music streamed from Windows Media Player, not Videos or Pictures, strange.

As you guys may know, network shares are kind of broken right now due to a mandatory update push from Microsoft related to Windows Live Essentials, so I cannot test that, but I would assume it would work.

I am wondering if it is a bug…

I have the same problem (Win 7 64 Ultimate).  Can it be related to the size of the Music Folder? Mine is 265 gb.

Usually these “No media…” errors pop up because the WDTV isn’t done indexing when you’re trying to access the folders.

With a little patience (especially if it’s a network drive, as opposed to an attached drive), the WDTV will generally have no problem with the media once the index is done.

And ya, the larger the folder(s), the longer they will take to index.

But the “no media…” message comes after about 2 to3 mins.  The system is clearly working but it just seems to give up.

Wait until the USB light stops blinking before you even try to browse.   See if that makes a difference.

I don’t use a usb drive, but rather media server connectivity through Ethernet from Windows Media Player.  I have left for 10 minutes with no change.  Was seriously hoping that waiting was all I needed to do.