No Dashboard?

Hi all,

So Ive purchased a WD TV Live the other day and I believe from the online manual that I’m supposed to have a dashboard?

As far as I can tell I dont. I also dont have an option called “My media Library” either?

One other thing Ive noticed ( not sure if its because Im in Australia ) but I dont have the Netlix or Blockbuster aps with all the others.

Am I missing something please?

The model number I have is WDBGXT0000NBK-AESN

Thank you

If you actually bought the product that coincides with the forum you posted in, then you’re not going to have any of those features.   Those features are only available in the Live Strreaming Media Player.

Forum here:    http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Media/ct-p/wdtvlive_streaming

If you actually do have the 2011 model Live SMP, the My Media Library and Dashboard are only in effect if:

– You’re connecting to network shares via Samba, or

– You have locally attached USB drives.

If you’re using shares,

1> Go to SETUP / NETWORK / CLEAR LOGIN INFO…
2> Go to SETUP / SYSTEM / MEDIA LIBRARY / Library Manager … and DELETE all listed servers
3> Go to your NAS and make sure the WDTV has WRITE access to the share(s)
4> Reboot your WDTV
5> Re-Connect to your Servers / Shares

… after all “Compiling Media Library” is complete,

6> Press the RED BUTTON and change the content source to “My Media Library.”

Is it possible for me to connect to a WD TV Live Hub via Samba? I would like to use the dashboard features on this box only because it is easier for my wife and others to find the files they are looking for via the favorites feature as I am doing on the Hub. Thanks for any advice.

crogers1975 wrote:

Is it possible for me to connect to a WD TV Live Hub via Samba?

Sure.

Is this as easy as simply selecting Samba or is there anything else that I will need to do?

Well, you’ll need to enable it (under the Network Setup) on the Hub first…

I have it enabled and I am able to see all of the files that are on the Hub with the Live. They also play perfectly and I am very pleased. The only thing I haven’t been able to do is add the folders I want to the favorites. When I click the options button, there is no option to add the folder to favorites. If the folder is a subfolder (ex: movies/kidsmovies/) do I need to add all of the folders to the media library to be able to add the one I want to favorites?

No, you don’t need to do that.

But you DO need to add the Hub’s share to the Live’s Media Library.