New Release - WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.06.43 (1/17/13)

@Scandy

Reading about the issue of file corruption with video files, you mention to be careful of running files from an attached USB drive. Does this mean in your opinion/experience that files on a network drive are not affected by this issue? I am running a Live Plus with no attached storage, and accessing all my media from another server on my network via Samba. Any thoughts, as you appear to be doing the same thing with either a fileserver or NAS?

Thanks for any input as file corruption certainly concerns me. I use a LiveHub as my main device, but my LivePlus is still in use much less frequently,  in another room.

-P

@pearl

In my experience, files on a network drive are not affected by this issue. I access files the same way you do (via Samba) and I have never had any file corruption, or files disappearing problems.

Well we are now over 6 months after the release of the last firmware and it looks like the ‘developers’ (I use the term lightly) have moved onto WDTV Play. So it’s probably safe to say “would the last person to leave this forum please turn off the lights” :wink:

What a let down :confounded:

Good money out the window and WD could care less.

Leaving customers with broken and in many cases, useless products is POOR business.

I will never buy another WD product after this and I buy a lot as I build PC’s for friends and family regularly.

Looks like Segate gets my HDD business now.

1 Like

Hallo,

after firmware ugrade some Internet Radios does not play anymore.

E.g.:

Good Time Oldies - OK after upgrade

Jazzradio.com - NOT OK after upgrade (all streams), no sound

After firmware downgrade everything again OK and all stations are working.

Device: WD TV Live HD Media Player

Partnumber: WDAAP0000NBK

Which firmware?

1.06.43_V

What happened?

After upgrade from 1.06.15_V to 1.06.43_V some internet radios does not play (e.g. all radio stations on jazzradio.com).

It seems to me, that mp3 streams are not working anymore.

What were you doing?

Downgrade firmware back to 1.06.15_V. With this firmware problem disappears and radios are still alive.

Does this happen every time?

Yes, I tried it several time and also on diferrent players.

What hardware and media were you using?

WD TV Live HD Media Player

Partnumber: WDAAP0000NBK

Did this happen with previous firmware?

No

Does power cycling the unit solve this?

No

Does resetting to factory defaults solve this?

No

Have you tried this on other devices?

Yes, the behaviour is the same. After firmware upgrade some internet radio does not play anymore

Thank you for help.

Ales

Well, I’m still having the reset to 720p issue when I need 1080i whenever my WD TV Live power cycles. Apparently my TV’s HDMI does not do the proper handshake.

However, I’ve found that you can set the box to 1080i “blind” without having to take it to another TV which supports 720p. If somebody is having that issue, the next time you take it to a TV with 720p record the keystrokes needed to get it into 1080i. It’s always the same when when the box powers up in 720p.

For example, for me the sequence to setup my video the way I need (1080i 60Hz with the proper color and depth) is

setup, OK, OK, OK, down, down, OK, down, down, down, OK, OK, left, OK, right, OK

Somewhere in the middle of the sequence the TV Live will go into 1080i. While it seems complicated, at any point you can go back to the beginning by hitting the home key a couple of times. If that doesn’t work, you can always recycle power on the box to get it to its default 720p state again. Usually when you hit each key you will see some kind of change on the hashed picture if you look closely. Allow about a second between each keystroke to give the box time to respond. You can practice whatever sequence works for you the next time you have it connected to a 720p display by cycling power and hitting the keys without looking at the display. With a little practice it actually is pretty reliable.

1 Like

Most TV’s also have a composite input so you could also try to set up the HDMI resolution that way.

What about a new update?

I don’t think there will be any.

As for me, i use it on wifi with dhcp and dlna server. All works fine.

Only using youtube plugin in some cases cause reboots and tune-in don’t play some stations.

Hi,

I purchased a netgear wna1100 usb wireless adapter for use with my WD TV live (running firmware 1.06.43). Though I;m able to get connected to the wireless network, when I use youtube, the device just reboots after finishing playing a video and before moving on to the next one. I’m not sure if the problem is with the USB adapter or the WDTV firmware.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Harish

just an update. When i connected the usb wireless adapter to the usb port that’s at the back of the WDTV Live device, things have been working perfectly fine for the past one hour. I will update in case there is a change. Thanks guys

I connected the wna1100 usb wireless adapter to my laptop and have been using internet for the past 3 hours without any disconnections. But when I connect the same wireless adapter to my WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.06.43 (1/17/13), it keeps rebooting once in a while. Since I can connect to my laptop without issues, it makes me believe that it is a firmware issue with WD TV live.

Please let me know if anyone else is facing this issue.

If I were you I’d either figure out a way to get an ethernet cable to the WD (streaming over wi-fi seems like I’d be “pushing it” with all the stuff on my home net - so my WD Live+ is hard-wired) or buy a newer model Live with wireless built-in…those USB dongles always seem to be causing problems for people.

Could you please tell me were you found firmware version  1.02.21V I need it desperately.  Many thanks!

I have the wd tv HD live 1.06.43 will this latest firmware or anyfirmware allow me to use my Mediasonic probox 4 bay enclosure.
I have 2x4tbs HDDS in it and they do not show up however i can have my 4tb external hdd plugged into usb 2 and it works

valente274 wrote:

What about a new update?

Don’t hold your breath for one. People have either moved on to other option or have installed the most stable FW version (whatever that is) and using it as is. Personally I’ve moved onto Google TV using the ViMu app for my video streaming and it’s capable of a lot more as well.

1 Like

I’m waiting for a new firmware too…

I’m having some issues to eject the usb external drive, they stay forever unmounting…

's

Hi,

I’m having very same issues from other people in this thread. My device is a … and I have too a dwa-125 wireless adapter. So this worked flawlessly trough 4 years until this upgrade. The adapter have a led that blinks when it is turned on, now it doesn’t turn on any more and the network doesn’t connect, unless I go into the settings and reconnect it; but still the led is off.

Related to YouTube leanback, just when I click the icon to get into it, my TV live reboot every time that I try to open it.

The new features are very good, but it isn’t working as supposed.

I forgot to give my device model wdbaan0000nbk-00

Best regards

For now I will rollback the firmware, some one knows where I can download the previous firmware version?