Network shares no longer shows my desk top computer or anything in it

i think during the last few days i tried many times, reset etc etc… everything i could possibly do… but under network shares when I click i dont see my desktop computer. Normally i store my dvd files, Mkv files etc in a folder on my desktop computer harddrive… and i was able to watch those thru “network shares” in past. I dont know what happened now i cant do that any more. I have Windows 7 OS 64 bit OS on my desktop. and It worked fine till like a week ago or so.

Is it because my WD live plus went bad?

hi

check those :

• win7 all updates ?

• wired or wifi ?

wired:

-direct to pc or via router ?

-pls change the place you have plugged rj45 cable [plugin into other port, change place that is all]  - check and rever to previous places

-dns works properly ? other items plugged into network arevisible ?

wifi:

-have you changed key codes [wpa/aes/wpa2] ?

• have you tried to map that drive from ypur pc ?

regards

pawson

my windows 7 is uptodate also my WD live plus is up to date as well. tried both wired as well as wireless connections but no luck whatsoever. changed the slots in my rounter for the wire as well no luck. i have reset many times to factory settings etc. no luck.

I have also contacted support by email… they could not help me much at all and asked me to return the unit for warranty replacement but i found out that my warranty expired like a week ago.

everything else seems to be working fine. Not sure if I buy a new one it will work and will not give the same problem. Please help.

hi

pls check firewall options [win7]

pls check win7 group

pls check on screen if you are having WORKGROUP , autologin On ? Cleared ?

pls dig-in this topic too within existing replies on this forum - much better help than on helpdesk of wd - it seems.

and revert here with soulution if found - to make it clear for the others

regards

pawson