Netflix screen goes black when starting a new show

With my WD TV Live Plus, seem to have a lot of problems with Netflix. I can sign in, and pick a show and it will start to play and play fine. However, when I finish watching, or go back to watch someone else, upon trying to play it, the screen just goes black after a few seconds of the loading screen. It’ll stay black, and randomly flash video/audio of the show I’m trying to watch. I thought this might be some conflict with my 720p TV and the HD, but I tried all of the settings for the WDTV including auto settings and forced 720 settings.

Anyone else have similar problems? It makes watching anything on netflix pretty much impossible.

I’m assuming your Plus is connected via HDMI to your TV or AV receiver.  

When this happens, try changing the INPUT on your TV (or AV Receiver) to another input, wait a second, then switch back to the WD.

This forces an HDMI resync and may correct the issue.

My LG TV ocassionally does the same thing, and the above fixes it every time.

Yeah, I’m using HDMI. I tried that as well, no luck though. Sometimes when I switch back it will even say “No Signal”. Also, I’d be pretty disappointed even if that did work that I had to go through that routine every time I wanted to watch something new.