Netflix and moving around the menus

Hi all…

Ive had my live plus for a few months now and freakin love it… was happy to discover (yeah, months late) that Netflix Canada will work with it, so signed up for an account last night and away we went…

Im having some problems moving around in the interface though… for example my wife just finished watching a movie, it exited back out to the Search results box she had up before, with the title of the show she searched for still in the box… a-ok…

But I can find No way at all to get back to the main Netflix screen… when I tried to move around with the remote’s arrow keys, or the FF / RW keys all that would happen is one of the #'s on the onscreen keyboard would go black/disappear and Id get a # added to the text string in the search box … eventually we ended up with ‘murder she wrote46464533345556666’ or something to that effect… back button did nothing, heck, none of the buttons did anything except Home which (with confirmation) exited Netflix…

am I missing something?  Or is this more of the net Netflix UI issues Ive been reading about?

thanks,

Brett

I can’t reproduce that.

I just searched a show, and when it ended, it came back up to the Search details for the selection I made, with the selection “play episode 2” selected. The arrows worked normally; I pressed LEFT ARROW to go back to search results, left again took me to the search keyboard, where I selected “back to browse.”

hmm crud, will give 'er another try and see what happens…

the UI is definately a little slow when using netflix tho, heh…

Brett

I agree with that today!! It’s not been that slow for me before, might be the busy Sunday Movie Watching slowing NetFlix’s servers. Since the whole UI is HTML based, it has to interact with the server quite a bit.