NetFlix UI is messed up

Abuot a week ago, the NetFlix screen on my  WD TV Live Plus got kinda screwy, like this:

As you can see, the usual left-hand side menus are completely missing. It’s almost like NetFlix is serving me the user interface for a different device or something.

I updated to the latest firmware about a month ago when it was released, but this problem didn’t occur until several weeks later.

Any info or advice will be much appreciated.

Well, we can’t see you picture yet, but from what you’re describing, it’s not “screwed up,” it’s the new NetFlix UI.

NetFlix changed it.   I would imagine all devices that use the HTML5 UI have been changed the same way.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Well, we can’t see you picture yet, but from what you’re describing, it’s not “screwed up,” it’s the new NetFlix UI.

NetFlix changed it.   I would imagine all devices that use the HTML5 UI have been changed the same way.

• *> Yes, I’m aware that the WD boxes switched to the newer, HTML5-based NetFlix UI several months ago. I’m referring to the fact that the left-side menus (Genres, New Arrivals, Suggestions For You, etc.) that were visible up until about a week ago are now gone.> I’m trying to determine if this is some kind of glitch on my particular WD box, or if it’s a recent UI design change on the part of NetFlix. In other words, is it just me, or does everybody’s NetFlix screen now look like this?

Everyone’s looks the same. Go to forums online and you will see the backlash from this UI design. Of good entertainment are the posts on Netflix’s blog entry when they released this new version. I am hoping they will roll it back to the old style.

Thanks for the info. Yikes - if that’s the “new, improved” NetFlix UI, it sure is awful. Judging by those blog posts, I’m certainly not the only one who feels this way.

Besides making it so much more difficult to navagate the NetFlix content, on my WD box it just doesn’t look “right”. Notice in my image how it displays part of a title on the left-hand side (next to Harold & Maude). That’s just bad UI design…

btw, on a semi-unrelated topic: on the WD Live Plus, how would I go about signing out of my current NetFlix account so I could use a different account? Hopefully I won’t have to do a factory reset.

On your PC, sign into the NetFlix account it’s CURRENTLY using, and de-authorize the box.

The next time you log into NetFlix via the WD, it will start the authorization process over from the beginning, and you can sign it into whichever account you want to.

Thanks.  Actually, I already tried exactly what you suggested: de-authorizing the device from the old account, etc. But when I re-boot the WD and go back into NetFlix, it’s still logged into that old account & doesn’t give me any prompts about authorizing, logging in to an account, or anything like that. Maybe I’ll try a factory reset; although I dread the thought of having to re-enter all the info for the other online services (Pandora, TuneIn, etc.). It’s kind of a drag without a keyboard.

btw, I read in this post that the new NetFlix 3.0 UI no longer uses activation/authorization at all. Is that true?

Hmmm.  That may very well be.

I just logged into NetFlix and it says I have *no* authorized devices.   I know I have at least 5…   So it’s possibly different now.

I think there’s a RESET option in the WD to clear the online services info WITHOUT deleting the rest of the settings?

Yes, I think you’re referring to “Erase content license key” in System Settings. I already tried that, and it didn’t have any effect on NetFlix  - or any of my other online services (MediaFly, Pandora, TuneIn).

Unlike NetFlix, those other online services allow for account management/login within the applications themselves. So it’s starting to look like the only way to re-configure the WD for a different NetFlix account is to perform a Factory Reset. That’s pretty inconvenient.

johnnyzero wrote:

Yes, I think you’re referring to “Erase content license key” in System Settings. 

No, I’m talking about “Reset All Online Service Accounts.”

It’s under SETUP / SYSTEM / DEVICE RESET 

On my Plus, the menus must be different than yours. I’ve got: Settings/System Settings/Reset to Factory Defaults. But underneath that there is no sub-menu called  “Reset All Online Service Accounts” or anything else. 

Yeah, I made that mistake twice.   Apparently that menu option only exists on the HUB, not the plus.  Sorry… :frowning:

Do we know when this will get fixed.  This really **bleep**

MediaMan wrote:

Do we know when this will get fixed.  This really **bleep**

When WHAT will get fixed?  It’s not broken.

I have 3 WDTV PLUS boxes and all the UI display exactly as the guy in the first post.

MediaMan wrote:

I have 3 WDTV PLUS boxes and all the UI display exactly as the guy in the first post.

Yep;  everyone in the US, at least…   That’s the way NetFlix intends it to be.