Movies keep on playing when paused/stopped

A solution has been provided by

quote:

Thanks heaven for finding this thread! I thought I had cooked my WD TV Live somehow, but I solved my problem.

I had the same symptoms as dsenseb.
First avi or mkv plays until the end, but after about 5-10 minutes, the progess bar and time indication stop working.

After that 5-10 minute point, I still can navigate file structure but a second file does not play ("unable to play the selected file").

Also, the first file (sound) plays in the background and i can go back playing it but now with blue rotating circle showing.
All this happens also on USB drives, not only on network shares.

Tried reburn Firmware 1.05.04_V, tried 1.03.49_V, tried ice packs, all to no avail…
But having read this thread, I swithed off my QNAP (TS 219, 3.4.3 Build 0520T) and after it I could play fine from USB!
So TonyPh12345 was right (“NAS is … locking up the players because of some sort of packets it’s sending on the network”).

With QNAP on again, I started disabling various services and found that “UPnP Port Forwarding” is the culprit.
(MyCloudNAS Service - Auto Router Configuration - Enable UPnP Port Forwarding; uncheck this option to disable)

So anybody with similar problems, check your NAS and possibly other equipment that are trying to program your UPnP router.

1 Like