Mediabridge HDMI cables

I recently purchased 2 more WD TV Live Plus HD’s bringing my total to 4 along with some Mediabridge Ultra HDMI cables from Amazon.  The picture was purple until I changed the video settings everytime I turned the unit on.  Also…No audio whatsoever.  I swapped HDMI cables with my Dishnetwork box which had a very old HDMI cable and the picture looks great on HDMI Auto and I get sound.  The Mediabridge cable works fine for the Dish box.  I have a Philips Ambi-Light 42".  Might want to steer clear of those Mediabridge HDMI cables.

Mediabridge Ultra Series - High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet - Category 2 Certified - Supports 3D & Audio Return Channel [Latest HDMI Version Available] - (3 Feet)

The major HDMI cable purchasing factor is the psychological purchasing perception associated with the hip pocket nerve. A digital signal is composed of 0’s and 1’s and cannot differentiate between cable brands.  The only time you will have cable issues is volt drop; ie the resistance in the cable is too high for the length of the cable or badly crimped terminations. If the HDMI cable is manufactured and tested compliant to the HDMI specifications, there is no difference in the signal quality between the cheap no name $1.00 per metre cables and brand name esoteric $50.00 per metre cables.

Yeah, I can only imagine that they’re somehow faulty…

I use the Amazon Basics High-Speed HDMI cables ($6.99 for 2 meters), including my 3D Bluray player and on every one of my components without issue.