Major problems after updating new firmware 2.07.17

Hi all,

Im new to the forum so please bare with me…

Since recently upgrading to the new 2.07.17 firmware my unti has never been the same!

When I now turn on the unit the firmware upgrade progress bar displays for 2 minutes before moving onto the home page.

Also, when i can finally get onto the home page all the catagories e.g video’s, music, photo’s etc display 0 files, however after approx 6 minutes of compiling/scanning the local media the files It then displays and I can watch the content. Worst of all once I finally can get to watching a movie for example the unit then turns off after 10 minutes of viewing!!!

Not sure what is going on here, I just wish i never ugraded the firmware (if it does have anything to do with this)

Can anyone help? I havent tried resetting by to factory setting because I don’t want to loose the 800GB of data I have loaded onto it.

PLEASE HELP!

hi

pls check guys with same unit as you are having - pls drop in " http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Media-Player/ct-p/live_hub  - topic

there seems a lot iro your problem already explained

but if you would not feel ok - then come back here and we would try,otherwise pls contact assistance of wd

regards

pawson

RyanCampbell wrote:

Can anyone help? I havent tried resetting by to factory setting because I don’t want to loose the 800GB of data I have loaded onto it.

PLEASE HELP!

Resetting should not lose you any data. There is no need for all the cross posting.