Loosing RSS feeds entered via web interface

New WDTV Live and it’s not saving RSS feeds when entered via the web interface.  The ones I entered manually before were deleted after adding new feeds via the web interface so I’m left with the default WD feeds.  I am hitting SAVE and a confirmation message comes up after each entry.

Anybody else experiencing this or know a work around?  It’s so time consuming to enter via the remote (or the iOS app).

WDTV Live (Gen 3)

FW: 1.06.04

Not sure shy this is happening to.  Have you tried resetting your WD TV Live?  If this does not fix the issue you may conntact WD support.

Yes.  Resetting the unit (via Setup | System) work.  It’s now reliably saving the feeds (and folders) I put in.  Not an exceptable solution if I’ll have to do this for every FW update…but none the less it’s working again.

Having the same problem and this didnt solve my problem… also I cant even enter them from the live hub itself… just get the circle with the arrow going round and round and round and have to cancel… tried numerous feeds.

Anyone know whats up?

For what it is worth I am having the same problem, brand new box and latest firm ware I had no idea this was an issue, set up about 6 folders inserted a great mix of RSS news feeds I wanted all looked great etc.

Saved and went off to WD box no RSS feeds just the default ones, not impressed as I love RSS feed tools.

Anyone from WD reading this please help us.

I have found that when I enter RSS feeds I can only save one…  if I add another, it keeps the old RSS name but then new RSS is there… hehehe…its totally messed up… but I didnt really buy it for RSS feeds so Im not crying a lot…   It is kinda cool seeing news flash by on the menus though…  when you tell it to display on menus…  since I do not pay for cable TV its one of only two ways I get news… the other is my laptop… which is fine…  Im much happier being in the dark about this messed up world. :slight_smile:   Also, most pictures in the RSS’s dont display for whatever reason which kinda blows… Id be happy with just ONE RSS feed if the pictures displayed… 

FWIW… I’ve gotten CNN, drudge, fox news, and the dreaded gov’t supported liberal news channel to load. :slight_smile: ymmv 

I wish WD would consider a google approach to this system… an open programming environment…   they’d have to do some up front work to break out the applications from the main core I suspect…  but once that was done… we could collectively fix things for them as people seem to obsess about this stuff and spend way too much personal time on it :) 

Reality is WD will probably soon drop support for this because of the tiny user base…  in which case, we’ll all be fine, because what this machine was supposed to do, its core function, works just fine… you can copy movies and music to it and play it back…  :)  Don’t worry, be happy :) 

RSS is a mess for me.  Seems it screwed up after using the web interface.