Linux Mint and WDTV live player

Hello all,

I just installed Mint15 Mate, and was last using Ubunutu 11.10… everything was working ok from 11.10 until I installed mint,

Here’s my problem as sent to western digital:

serial #: [Deleted]
part number WDAAN0000NBK
Firmware 1.06.43_V

Connected to desktop PC (running fresh copy of Linux Mint) via ethernet/router. (I stream Movies via LAN from desktop PC to WDTV Media Players, on a wired connection)

WDTV player displays contents of video/music folders, files, etc, however error message “Unable to play the selected file. Please see the User Manual for a list of supported file formats”

What I have tried:

1. Unplug WDTV
  2. Restart PC
  3. Shared all media on PC
  4. Played files on PC to confirm file integrity (files are not corrupt)
  5. Attempted to play all types of video file extensions (.mp4, MKV, .avi, .iso, etc…) WDTV will not play any.

Files WILL play on computer through VLC, I checked my second WDTV media player and it also now will not play ANY files, though it sees them all that I’ve shared to the network. It is NOT a firmware problem with the WDTV as one has new firmware, the other has the old firmware…

Help!!

SOLVED IT!!

sudo chmod 777 -R Videos/

Sharing and permissions using the GUI was not doing the trick… then my brother in law gave me this terminal command, and shared the **bleep** outta that videos folder!!!

SWEEEEEEEET!