Is the new wdtv difficult to use compared to the old one

I just saw a brand new wdtv live in a neighbourhood store, and the salesperson should give me an introduction to the new and modern user-interface. I was stunned by the complexity of the new player. The simple and userfriendly wdtv I am used to is no longer available, or am I wrong?

My 5 year old son can easily navigate through the 2 year old wdtv live. If a locally connected hdd, just push “enter”, “enter”, enter" and “play”. Now this salesperson could not even use the new model himself, and the harddrive I brought to the shop was detected, but the userinterface…It seemed so complicated! It definately is not a childs play anymore. Correct me if I´m wrong. 

My four year old daughter has no problems at all with it…

take your kids into the store next time, so they can demonstrate it for you… and the salesperson

Thanks, I will:confounded:

As far as I can see on a youtube video there is only 9 thumbnails available on the screen on the new model, compared to the old models 12 thumbnails. And the picture itself is smaller and the text is bigger on the new model. It seems like text is prefered over cover-image. Is that possible to adjust to larger(or several) cover-images/smaller text? Also the downscrolling is now changed to rightscrolling. Why fix it when it´s not broken? Maybe I´m picking on small issues, but something on the old model was really working well, i guess.