Important Notice Regarding Single USB Drives Greater than 2 TB's and WD TV Products

We do understand the frustration of not being able to know this going in.  And like Guy said, we are currently working on it.  However, just in case you didn’t know, you can connect the drive to a computer and the WD TV Lives can access it over the network.  The other thing I would caution, is that if you connected it directly to the WD TV, you may have damaged the partition.  So, if nothing plays, or the drive becomes inaccessible, that’s because the partition or data was corrupted or damaged.  If that happens, you will need to repartition and reformat the drive.  Then, copy all the data back to it.   Keep in mind that repartitioning and reformatting will destroy what data you have on the drive.

Can you tell us an estimated date of when this problem would solved…

Thank You for an answer…

1 Like

I do not what happens , but I never have an answer…|||||

Please…don’t you have an stimated date for new firmware fixing this issue?

Thnaks in advance!

Isacumi

Currently there is no estimated date for this to be fixed. However, it is still a high priority issue.

weeks? months?..

We need some reference to buy/sell new 3tb disks…

Thanks in advance!

Don’t buy any until it is fixed … they will only get cheaper :slight_smile:

Cocovanna

1 Like

The new firmware is out for download, but the problem with drive greater of 2tb is not solved.

I have my 3tb driver since December, what should I do with this driver???

Until when should we wait for this problem to be fixed…

We have firmware in testing that’s supposed to have a fix for this.

But it has not come out yet???

Nope.

Thanks for your reply´s

And hope to see firmware out soon…

Me too as I want to get larger drives and this is the only thing stopping me.

Thanks for the information Bill

Will you be posting here when the firmware is released?  It would be great to have a source of updated information.

thanks!

STILL WAITNG FOR THE FIRMWARE UPDATE THAT FIXES THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats shocking is that its taking this long.  A firmware already got released only showing that the fix wont be coming out for a while or else they could have held back last weeks update to add support for larger harddrives.

Had my WD 3tb harddrive for months now and its useless still. 

I agree with you WD **bleep** without larger than 2 tb support. And they are doing nothing to fix this, a new firmware is out and it only seems to have more problems than solutions.

What happens if you partition the drive into a 2 & 1 gig partitions before connecting to the player?

I heard this works but sorta to late for that when you have already over 2 TB on that harddrive.