I want USB disk power on all the time

Have been running the B-rads firmware for some time, and desided to try the new org. firmware (1.06.15).

I use my WD TV as a medieserver on my LAN, so I want to be able to acces the medie also when I power off the unit.

This worked with B-rad firmware. When I powered off the WD TV, the medie on the attached USB disk was still accesable on my pc´s on the LAN.

Seems to be alot off threads about this. Mainly people have “problems” with the USB disk not powering off.

But in my case I have the opposit problem.

Does this depent on the firmware?

How do I solve this?

You return to the b-rad firmware.

The official software has always shutdown file sharing when it is turned off. The problem has been that it has not always powered down the USB drives. Don’t even know if it does now.

Whatever you saw in b-rad firmware, the WD TV was not shutdown, probably just had the UI disabled.

If you want to access the WD TV all the time with official firmware, just leave it powered on.

hi there

• why not to plug in [via usb]  your drive to you PC

and

• make it accessible for Media Player as in netowrk share

then

• while turning off Media  you  still have drive media available [because attached to your PC]

• when you want to watch those media on screen then you have it in you network

regards

pawson

Not sure if I understand you correctly, you want me to use the USB disk on a pc instead?

But is the USB disk accesable when I shut the PC down?

I have had a lot of problem with playing movies through the network shares. It was the main reason for buying a USB disk for my WD TV. 

Of course it is not. Just the same way it is not accessible when you shut down your WD TV Live.

So what would the purpose be then :dizzy_face:

Flash to B-rads firmware… No it works again. Men USB disk is accesable when I power off my WD TV 

The WDLXTV flash contains 100% official WD flash with a few enhancements. There is a logical reason why the WDLXTV flash contains the USB power on/off enhancement. The remote power off only turns off the TV display both using the official WD and WDLXTV. You can either use the official WD flash and use it exclusively or return to the unofficial enhancement not both. I use a WD USB 2TB hard drive on the WDTV Live with no networking issues. Maybe if you read through the networking section on this site you will find a very simple solution to your networking issues