I want full dvd menus!

It is disgusting that WD  hasn’t fixed the firwmare so that you can get full DVD menus yet. The Argosy HV335T already supports DVD menus and it sells for less then $100 (w/o a hard rive).

And WD does not even give an estimate when (or even IF) a firmware fix will bw aVAILABLE TOGIVE FULL DVD MEWNU SUPPORT .

what is wrong with WD??

why can’t they fix a problem that some many users want fixed??

Vote here- http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/Full-Menu-support-of-BluRay-or-DVD-disc/idi-p/200

The competitor product you are comparing to is a much lesser product in terms of quality.  The WD Live uses a better, revised chip revision.   Faster too.

The other competitor products have licensed this from the start - for WD Live they meant it more as a media player not a DVD / BluRay player - I have voiced this concern many time both directly to WD and inquired about it to Sigma, and both have told me that there are licensing fees required.  For the chipset maker, it would have increased the cost per unit for WD, and thus, made the WD Live more expensive.  So I have been told FULL DVD and BluRay spec is very unrealistic and not to be expected on the current WD Live - #1, it would be costly, #2, would require a major re-write (takes time and resources they don’t have!)

Partial DVD specs as in chapters, goto, SOME menu functionality, again, that is something that is unplanned for now, but being discussed and but unlikely to be seen anytime soon or at least not for the current hardware.

So to me this is a lost case - Fact remains for me that the WDLive has the better chipset that others don’t have, and better quality - I can live without dvd menus - I make my OWN when I RIP the DVD and manually rename what I want to and set them in folders.  No big deal there.

+1 on the MENU’s

i’d LOVE dvd menus.  then perhaps we could access the Extras etc on dvds. as it is now, it’s just the movie we can play, unless i’m missing something.

This is an idea that’s already been introduced in the WD TV Live Idea Exchange.  It’s in the Review Status right now.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/Full-Menu-support-of-BluRay-or-DVD-disc/idi-p/200

brucered wrote:

+1 on the MENU’s

i’d LOVE dvd menus.  then perhaps we could access the Extras etc on dvds. as it is now, it’s just the movie we can play, unless i’m missing something.

• *Yeah, you’d have to use something like DVDShrink to extract the different components to individual ISOs