How do I connect WDTV Live Network Share to Domain joined computer?

Hi

I am trying to connect my WDTV Live media player FW ver 1.06.43 to my work pc that is on our work place domain and not a Workgroup.  The full domain name is “local.domain.com”.  I tried replacing the Workgroup name to just “local” in the WDTV network settings  The PC does show up in the Network Shares list and prompts for Account and Password for which I used my work credentials and no luck connecting.

I mainly just need to know now to set up the WDTV live to network share with a domain only joined PC.  I am running Windows 7 Pro.

Thanks.

Malc62

your in the wrong forum, but the answer is no

this will not work without setting up a workgroup

at least not without some hacking

you you really want to try check out wdlxtv to get access to the cmd line where you can manually mount your share

Thanks KAD79.

What ii the right forum for discussing and proposing a new feature?

I have a PC which is member of a domain and whose workgroup is different from “workgroup”.

But in in Windows 7 I cannot define a new workgroup, because my computer was a member of a domain before I  joined the workgroup (the result would be that I am removed from the domain and my computer account on that domain would be disabled :mansad:).

With other network devices I have solved this by assigning statically my PC IP address and access its network share with a manual configuration as “my computer IP”//network share name. Unluckily WD TV Live does not not have this feature.

Clear to me that by installing a media DLNA server I also solve more easily the problem, but this not possible on devices supporting only windows directory sharing.

ebr9999 wrote:

What ii the right forum for discussing and proposing a new feature?

Your post has been moved to the right place.   The likelihood of a new feature is next to nil on this platform.  WD is no longer selling them.

Was it moved? Where? I still see it and I cannot see it anywhere else.

Anyhow I am not 100% sure a new feature is needed (i.e. maybe there are some ways to do what I need I have not thought to). Where should I discuss it?

ebr9999 wrote:

Was it moved? Where? I still see it and I cannot see it anywhere else.

Yes, it was moved to the correct forum.