Help - WDTV live media player cannot find my external hard drives

Hello,

After many months of wirelessly using my WDTV live media player both of my external hard drives are now “invisible” to the streamer. one was never visible which I couldnt understnad but accepted.

However in the last couple of weeks I have now lost my other hard drive. All the WDTV can see now is C drive in the folder section where it once saw C and L!!

I have reconfigured the box to factory settings and restored it to my network but still cannot see these two drives. I also dropped my firewall …still does not see them.

Any other suggestions? please help. thanks in advance

How did you get your WDTV Live Plus to connect to your computers Hard drive?   I just got mine today, connected it to the router on said computer, but its asking me for a login and password, and I never set up a login/password on my computer.  

EbbieDeb wrote:

How did you get your WDTV Live Plus to connect to your computers Hard drive?   I just got mine today, connected it to the router on said computer, but its asking me for a login and password, and I never set up a login/password on my computer.  

If you accessing your computers via network shares, then if you have not set a password just use the default user and password . (User - anonymous and Password blank)