Has Netflix, Hulu and Youtube removed support to WD TV?

After months of using Netflix, Hulu and YouTube Leanback, one week ago, all of them stopped working.

1. Netflix says: “We are unable to connect you to Netflix. Please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp for guidance.”
  2. Hulu says: "Sorry, there was an issue contacting the Hulu Plus service. Please try again. "
  3. While YouTube Leanback just doesn’t load and the bar stays there white instead of filling up in red.

I’ve tried:

• Resetting modem and router.
  • WDTV power cycle.
  • Factory restore WDTV.
  • Rolling back to previous firmware only gave me access to YouTube because it uses the old application YouTube Videos,

I have a WDTV Live Plus HD, (WDBABX0000NBK) and since they are being treated now as legacy I thought that these 3 services just stopped supporting it. Everything else (Flingo, Facebook, Tune In, etc) work just fine. Has anyone encountered this?

Not at the moment.

This looks more like a connection or unit specific issue.

What firmware do you have on the WDTV Live Plus?

1 Like

I had 1.06.42_B and rolled back to 1.06.16_B. But still have the same problem. I have a Xbox 360 connected to the same router where I can access Netflix, Hulu and Youtube without problem.

Still having the same frustating problem. I’ve check the network cable with a tester and it came out good. I plugged the media player directly to the modem, but still couldn’t connect to Leanback, Netflix and Hulu, though I could connect to everything else. Don’t know what to do.

Did you try to contact support directly about this?

John012 wrote:

Did you try to contact support directly about this?

My modem has been acting funny lately. Just this night it wasn’t connected while tech support said it was. Then, after an hour of fruitless trouble-shooting, it came online even though the telephone line (I have phone, cable and internet) coming from the modem is not working. I’m going to the cable company to get a replacement just in case. I’ll let you now how that works out.

Good then.

Please reply with the resolution for your issue.

No dice. New equipment but still the same problem. As of now, I’m out of options.

Just thinking, does the fact that I live in Puerto Rico plays something in my predicament? I’ve read that Netflix has no support for WD TV in latin America. Is this true? Maybe Hulu and Leanback followed suit and nobody told me.

Yeah, that’s true for netflix at least, unless you have the Latin America version of the hardware. It’s a different model number. But that wouldn’t explain why it worked before and not now…

Yeah, you are right. It wouldn’t explain either why only those three services stopped working.

Same problem here and no solution so far- tried several resets.  Hulu, Netflix won’t log in and the Youtube just comes up, but the bar never fills.  Narrowed it down to the date as it won’t change from 12/31/1999 and that’s affecting some of the Media.  No solution so far- updated router, unplugged WD for several minutes, hard reset a few times- still the date won’t change to the current date

Grogger wrote:

Same problem here and no solution so far- tried several resets.  Hulu, Netflix won’t log in and the Youtube just comes up, but the bar never fills.  Narrowed it down to the date as it won’t change from 12/31/1999 and that’s affecting some of the Media.  No solution so far- updated router, unplugged WD for several minutes, hard reset a few times- still the date won’t change to the current date

Now that you mention it, the date in my unit is also wrong. I tried changing the TIme-Zone but nothing happened. Is good (sorry) to now that I’m not alone in this.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Live-Plus/I-think-it-s-the-TIMEZONE-no-Netflix-Hulu-YouTube/td-p/682539

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue with my WDTV play all with no resolution from WD.

What’s worse is after trying to exit Netflix my screen goes black and it locks up my device.

This is an issue whether they acknowledge it or not.

I am sufferring from this as well as of about a week ago. I can also confirm that my WDTV live plus time will not update (stuck on 1/1/2000).

Netflix, hulu and you tube will not work and I found no solution to this.

Get in touch with technical support (if they haven’t contacted you already) and open a case. Let them know when is the best time to call you and they’ll do everything they can to help you out.