[HELP]! WD My Passport Essential Not Worked with WD TV Media Player

Dear all

My External HDD (WD My Passport Essential 320 GB) cannot connected to  WD TV Media Player.

From Official WD website said WD My Passport Essential 320 GB compatible with WD TV Media Player.

I’m asking to Support with WD web site they reccommented me to plugin an Ext HDD before tuned on WD TV Media Player. i try but don’t worked.

Please Help!

What symptoms are you seeing?   Does the USB light illuminate?

Also, which WDTV player do you have?

I use _WD TV Live Media Player and WD My Passport Essential, _YES an USB light not illuminate when i’m plugged in.

Only My WD My Passport Essential no worked but Other Flash-drive is worked fine.

My _WD My Passport Essentia_l is NTFS and worked fine on Windows7 or Other.

I’m go back to the WD Shop for tested, My WD My Passport Essential worked with WD TV HD but Not worked with WD TV Live. They Recomended me to REFORMAT  HDD again i’m didn’t try.

Right, you will need to reformat.  We’ve seen this before – once an earlier generation WD TV was used with a drive when the owner upgraded to a Live reformatting the drive was the only thing that worked.

I’m not sure from what you wrote whether you have or haven’t tried it yet, but that’s what you need to do.

Thanks,

I’m back up and REFORMAT  worked now.