HELP! Subtitles from Windows 7 / 64 bit?

Hello everyone!!!

Iam Juan from Argentina.

My english isn´t the best, but i will try to tell you "what is my problem with WDtv Live Plus "

When Iam trying to see a movie from my Notebook (with Windows 7 64 bit), i can see the Video, but the subtitle didnt appears, the same movie and subtitle on my External HD or from a friend´s notebook (with Windows XP) works vey well.

Im using a LInk-sys wifi Network.

Can you help me? I will appreciate it

How are you accessing the file on your Notebook?  

If you’re using “Network Shares” it SHOULD work.

If you’re using “Media Servers” it WON’T work.

hello! thanks for your answer at first!

I m using Media Servers, because in Network Shares, the system asks for a user and Password.

I read in another post, that i have to uninstall a windows soft called " Windows live assist" ( i dont remember the exactly name) , so then, the sistem will not ask for a user and pass…  do you know about this?

Thank you again! and, sorry for my english.

That’s correct.  

The WDTV’s cannot log into a Win7 Share if “Windows Live Essentials” or “Windows Live Sign-In Assistant” are installed.

Hello again!

I made the proob, both programs was uninstalled! but the “network shares” asks for user and pass yet!

i uninstall others programs Windows live… I modify the folder share´s settings, i share with “everyone” but, like i told you, the sistem asks for an user and pass…

i dont know what i can do?

And, i download an update of the firmware WDTV live…

Please i need your help

thanks

Juan.

Solamente puedes ver los subtitulos desde una carpeta compartida. de ahi todos los media servers DNLA twonky etc etc. pasan video y no los subs.

Ahora como le haces. tienes que darle el usuario y passwd de la sesion de windows donde esten tus peliculas. es asi ala de a fuerzas.

yo asi acceso a mi win7-64 y veo la carpeta sin problemas y jalo videos poniendo mi user y passwd de windows para accesar.

te recomiendo que hagas otra carpeta no la de default que trae de movies y la compartas en red.

saludos!