Frequent restarts required

Hi there,

I have 2x WDTV Lives from different retailers. I have updated to the latest firmware (the last couple of updates have not made a difference). My home network is a QNAP TS-419PII wired (CAT 6) to a Gigabit switch to electrian installed internal CAT 6 cabling to the devices. I seem to be only able to watch one movie, listen to one album of songs, or stream one radio station through TuneIn. Subsequent attempts will result in a spinning yellow circular arrow. The only way I can get it working again is to conduct a ‘device restart’. 

If the device has been switched off for a while, I also need to do a device restart before I can successfully view or listen to something.

Finally, sometimes upon trying to stop a movie, song or streaming radio station, the sound will continue even though I have been sent back to the menu/selection screen. I have tried to go to the home screen and select the ‘now playing’ menu, but I cannot access it to stop the sound.

Even stranger was the other day I was able to press the power button on the remote to switch the unit off (white light on the front went out and nothing displayed on the TV), yet the sound was still playing. The only way to stop it was to pull the power cord.

Please help!!!

Jason

Any suggestions?

Does this happen on both players?
Have you tried a reset to factory defaults?
What are the model numbers of your WD players?

Hi there,

richUK wrote:
Does this happen on both players?

Yes! 

richUK wrote:
Have you tried a reset to factory defaults?

• *Just tried a factory reset again and it did not fix the issues.> > * * *
      richUK wrote:

What are the model numbers of your WD players?

• *Both are “WD TV Live Streaming Media Player” P/N: WDBGXT0000NBK-01.

What happens if you connect via wifi with the ethernet lead unplugged?

Does tunein now work?

Out of interest you have a new Live Streaming Player gen3 and in future you should post in the forum below. This forum is for the old Live Player.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Media/ct-p/wdtvlive_streaming