Firmware not recognized by WD Live TV Plus

I downloaded the firmware to a flashdrive as directed. It is the only thing on the flashdrive. When I insert it into the usb drive on the WD box no firmware download icon appears in the settings menu.??

Dantebolla wrote:

I downloaded the firmware to a flashdrive as directed. It is the only thing on the flashdrive. When I insert it into the usb drive on the WD box no firmware download icon appears in the settings menu.??

Has the flashdrive been formatted for FAT32?

Did you unzip the file on your PC and then copy the extracted files (YOU DO NOT USE THE .ZIP FILE) to the root of a USB flashdrive?
Is it possible the same version is already installed on your LIVE PLUS?

Do you have the option to check new firmware turned on in your settings?

BTW this is the WDTVLIVE HUB forum, but I’m sure the mods will move it.

Thank you for your time. The firmware is installed, I just didn’t read enough. I apologize for being in the wrong forum. I made the mistake of having someone installl the router, WD, etc. I have decided to start over. If you know the best router, TV Plus, etc. to use to set up a wireless system I would appreciate knowing it. This time I will do it myself. Thank you again. Dante

I suppose that’s really a matter of opinion these days. IF you can at all get a length of CAT5 cable to the WDTVLIVE that is going to bring you the best speed you can get. Do it if you can. Try to avoid wireless and the Power Plug adapters. (those things that plug into your electrical outlets to utilize your home wiring for network use) Power Plug adapters don’t like jumping from circuit to circuit nor do the tend to like ground fault/arc fault protection.

If you simply can’t avoid wireless make sure you read over the list of approved USB adapters for the Live you have. It should be an EXACT match to what is in the list right down to the Firmware revision numbers in the adapter you buy.

Wireless N is about as fast as you’re going to go wifi unless they have approved an adapter for the new wireless AC.

Good luck with which ever way you go!