Firmware issues?

HI there New to the whole forum thing. I have a wdtv live plus wdbabx0000nbk yes old stuff. My last firmware update 1.06.42_B changed stuff, I no longer have Deezer as an option and everytime I play a youtube vid when it ends my unit reboots? also during power up it takes about 5mins for the home screen to appear.

Hello,

Have you tried resetting the unit back to factory restore? It’s recommended to reset the unit so the unit will have a fresh start.

Sorry about the new guy solution mistake!! I have read countless posts/possible solutions. I have tried complete power disconnect, factory reset, hard reset… As I have been reading the info, is my device just out of date? Is there any solutions for this paticular model?   Seems to be alot of disappointed people out there that are hoping for some news. I would really like to stick with wd products as just about every family member has one, but it seems that the amount of time and effort one has to put in to get a straight answer out of wd and assoc. sites in …endless!

Try rolling back the firmware.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800

1 Like

Very much appreciated!! I have all functions back and the older firmware is much better! than the new? terrible firmware that takes away usability and performance. Thank you.

The Cableguy

Sorrento B.C. Canada