File Management / Subfolders

Hello! I gather that this topic has been raised many times already, so please excuse me going over the same things!! I just need a bit of clarification and advice from experienced users!

I have just bought the WS TV Live Hub 1TB, and wondering about the best method for moving files from my external HD onto the device. My main question is regarding my movie collection, where I have films in seperate ‘genre’ folders. For example, on my external  I have them organised (rather OCD and tidy) -

Action - Adventure

Animation

Comedy

Drama

etc…etc…and within those folders there’s subfolders with film file, poster image, and IMDB link.

How do I transfer folders so that they appear just as this? I’ve had bad experience with other media devices that ignore subfolders and just lump EVERYTHING together, making file management a nightmare…

I’m gonna buy an Ethernet cable tomorrow so I can get on the Internet on the device. I guess I’d like to be able to just ‘drag and drop’ onto the device like you would with a hard drive. Is there a way to mount the Hub on a PC/laptop?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Again, sorry for asking repetitive questions

Cheers

When your hub is on your network you should be able to see it as a network drive from your PC. You will then be able to do anything that you can do with your external drive except a lot slower.

Thanks for your reply mate, is it possible to connect my laptop directly to the hub via ethernet, and transfer files that way? That would be much easier than doing it through WiFi I think…

Cheers