Facebook HTTPS support yet?

OK, I’ve never used the Facebook function on my Live player (01.05.04V) but we just tried to use it for the first time to view photos my daughter took on a trip to Europe recently.  We logged in perfectly and brought up all the menus, only to find that all the photos were blanked out.  Luckily, my laptop saved the evening and spared my embarrassment in front of our audience as I was able to quickly connect it to the TV and get the show rolling.  You can readily see why I refrain from demo’ing and recommending WD players to friends and relatives.

Afterwards, I found a thread on this forum (now closed, hence this new thread) which revealed that the Live firmware does not support secure browsing (HTTPS) and suggests that one turns off secure browsing in their Facebook account to be able to view photos and videos.  This is an absurd request for many reasons and WD acknowledged the problem, stating that they would look into including HTTPS support in a later release. Anyone know if this is fixed in 01.06.43V? 

Although I’m pretty much resigned to staying at 01.05.04V which effectively means no practical Facebook support,  I cling to faint hope that the next fix release addresses all the reasons I’m using older firmware.  This is yet another thing that would be nice to have fixed (in this day and age, lack of HTTPS support should be considered broken rather than just missing a fancy option).

Last post I’ve found was this one:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/Facebook-photos-HTTPS/m-p/574154/highlight/true#M21620

Don’t see any other reference to that feature so I’m guessing this is unplanned.

Facebook won’t allow me and many others to edit the secure browsing setting feature making the WD facebook app completely useless. Is there a way to uninstall it?